/tech/ - Technology

Buffer overflow

Posting mode: Reply

Check to confirm you're not a robot
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Password
Drawing x size canvas
File(s)

Remember to follow the rules

Max file size: 350.00 MB

Max files: 5

Max message length: 4096

Manage Board | Moderate Thread

Return | Catalog | Bottom

Expand All Images


(1.03 MB 500x550 hakase_feet.gif)
Anonymous 10/11/2020 (Sun) 08:46:27 [Preview] No. 14358
Ok, I know Java, Soython, JS, a bit PHP, C and Bash.
Idk just wanted to learn a new lang, to replace all these soylangs I know, thought about Rust and Go.
What is your opinion on that? Should I go for Rust or Go?
Why?


Anonymous 10/11/2020 (Sun) 08:58:24 [Preview] No.14359 del
Just make your own language m8.


Anonymous 10/11/2020 (Sun) 09:59:48 [Preview] No.14360 del
(72.22 KB 813x1214 baller_pepe.jpg)
>Just make your own language m8.
But I know no lang to make a proper compiler


Anonymous 10/13/2020 (Tue) 06:17:41 [Preview] No.14363 del
>>14358
>to replace all these soylangs I know
>Rust or Go?
I think they're both good languages, but of all the things to call soylangs here mate...
Between the two I suspect Go would be easier than rust to learn, but I doubt you'd be getting much out of it besides Goroutines considering the languages is supposed to be simple. With rust you'll have to deal with ownership, which I found odd to deal with in c++.

Outside of those two maybe consider "mastering" one of the languages you know and delving into the more obscure features. For example I was unfamiliar with generators in python and learned about them later. As well as prototypes or the JS engine in javascript
None of the languages you listed are particularly functional either, so maybe consider learning a functional one.


Anonymous 10/13/2020 (Tue) 09:08:36 [Preview] No.14364 del
(43.51 KB 390x594 superman.jpg)
More suggestions:

Scheme: a lisp that isn't as pleb as Common Lisp. Functional without being as hardcore as Haskell. Python was heavily inspired by it.

Haskell: the srs bsns functional language with all the trippy abstractions.

D: think C++ but invented by a C++ compiler writer who got sick of C++. Might be easier than Rust if you already know C-like languages.

Kotlin: like Java but with enough improvements that you won't want to go back to Java.

Typescript: JS + static types.


Anonymous 10/13/2020 (Tue) 11:36:06 [Preview] No.14365 del
This is how all the programmers waste their lives, learning endless stupid languages made by someone else, instead of learning to make their own. Then when the industry says to learn New Thing, the hype machine starts up and everyone is talking about New Thing like it's gonna magically solve the world's problems. Rince, Repeat, until death. In the end you'll have learned nothing.


Anonymous 10/14/2020 (Wed) 15:20:19 [Preview] No.14368 del
cobol


Anonymous 10/19/2020 (Mon) 06:23:44 [Preview] No.14383 del
(29.92 KB 2048x1024 rust.png)
(32.39 KB 968x214 golang-blm.png)
>>14358
stay the fuck away from gay jew nigger languages. forget the first three you said you know. forget the two you thought about learning. what's the point of replacing gay jew nigger languages with other gay jew nigger languages? stick with C. ada and pascal are good languages. perl is a good language. lisp is a good language. it is hard to make c++ a good language so it should be avoided.


Anonymous 10/21/2020 (Wed) 02:46:27 [Preview] No.14384 del
Is this the general programming learning thread? If so I have some thoughts and would like advice from the masters.

Already have a somewhat good foundation in C, and I'm planning on learning C++ later. Want to use it for general applications and a bit of game development down the line. I'm learning Vulkan too, but that isn't really related in any way and I don't really care about OpenGL or DirectX at the moment.
Any advice while learning C++? I've already got the book C++ Primer open and I've started that. It feels pretty shitty to be honest, but my C knowledge is filling in the gaps, so luckily I'm not being left behind (too much...). How's Go as an alternative to C++?


Anonymous 10/21/2020 (Wed) 22:52:43 [Preview] No.14385 del
>>14383
>what's the point

Getting a job? Money?


Anonymous 10/22/2020 (Thu) 00:07:24 [Preview] No.14386 del


Anonymous 10/22/2020 (Thu) 00:09:36 [Preview] No.14387 del
http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/start.html

Use WSL to compile with mingw64 for native PE32 .exe

Or go down the MSVC route...


Anonymous 10/23/2020 (Fri) 00:19:01 [Preview] No.14391 del
>>14384
if you know c, that's a great start
if you're a stupid faggot then go is a good alternative
c++ is a monster of a language and it's growing. those quotes by wirth, raymond, torvalds on c++ make even more sense with each new version.
my advice would be to learn it through practice, introducing c++ crap slowly, and using books as reference (c++ primer is a good reference book).
learning from books is shit because most technical books are shit - few tech books can compare to k&r ansi c for instance.
object orientation is for the most part mental retardation and the way functional crap is used nowadays is cancer as well

>>14385
yeah this makes sense, for that purpose one has no choice but to join the nigger cattle.
i pity those poor souls who work with technology after 2011.


Anonymous 10/24/2020 (Sat) 05:44:58 [Preview] No.14394 del
>>14391
>Torvald
>"C++ is a horrible language. It's made more horrible by the fact that a lot
of substandard programmers use it, to the point where it's much much
easier to generate total and utter crap with it. Quite frankly, even if
the choice of C were to do *nothing* but keep the C++ programmers out,
that in itself would be a huge reason to use C."


Anonymous 10/26/2020 (Mon) 05:43:12 [Preview] No.14403 del
>14358
Op you're in a bad place.

In your gay languages, you don't have context to know why llvm is shit. I think I can defer to Google talking about golang about llvm. This is just some random google engineering giving a surface feeling. llvm hell is real too.
>>At the beginning of the project we considered using LLVM for gc but decided it was too large and slow to meet our performance goals. More important in retrospect, starting with LLVM would have made it harder to introduce some of the ABI and related changes, such as stack management, that Go requires but are not part of the standard C setup. A new LLVM implementation is starting to come together now, however.

> 14364
Points out that while it is natural and good to hate common lisp, common lisp is the best non-C high level language available. Don't bother with scheme
>> Scheme users are the sort of people who feel like it matters that scheme only has a single namespace, and common lisp calls itself a lisp 2 which means it has five namespaces (they drew the five backwards. The 80s were a different time.).

> 14384
Learned C, going to learn C++? C++ is a language for babies, kind of the compiled older friend-with-privileges to Google's python.
>>auto&& vec = some_expression_that_may_be_rvalue_or_lvalue;
auto i = std::begin(vec);
(*i)++;
>>>This isn't good

>14394
I'm quoting you to show support but I would like to emphasize that C++ is bad, quite aside from the sort of people that use it.

You kinda need to know more to make a good decision. But you make a decision before you know more. It's a hard life. It's a good decision to take out a loan and do a university class (but people who know more don't think so?).


Anonymous 10/29/2020 (Thu) 00:02:43 [Preview] No.14417 del
>>14358
Learn Rust. Fuck jewgle botnet golang


Anonymous 11/08/2020 (Sun) 21:05:18 [Preview] No.14445 del
>>14383
"People I don't agree with politically use this language" isn't a good reason to avoid a language.
Also, you should probably give a reason for why the languages you listed, which are all older and/or more obscure languages, are actually better. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the languages being older and/or obscure are why you think they're good.

>>14384
> If so I have some thoughts and would like advice from the masters.
not the place to ask
> How's Go as an alternative to C++?
I've heard rust is more of an alternative to C++ than Go is. I wouldn't compare them. That being said,
>pros: Less buggy, easier concurrency, probably easier to learn
>cons: worse performance, and less support (there are a lot of c++ libraries).
There are more differences besides the ones above so I'd do more research on your own.
9

Speaking about c++, one thing I personally found, as someone who learned c before c++, is that the memory management in c++ isn't really comparable to C. Similar thing with Java and C++ and objects. For example, neither C or Java really have you deal with destructors, copy constructors, etc.
Make sure you learn about RAII too.


Anonymous 11/08/2020 (Sun) 21:46:31 [Preview] No.14446 del
(279.17 KB 900x1488 tans.jpg)
Politics is a very GOOD reason to avoid a language, because it's about control. Who controls the single Rust implementation? Trannies that want to shove their CoC everywhere in order to increase their influence. Who controls the single Go implementation? Big Brother Google.
Now who controls C? Nobody, because there's many implementations. If you don't wanna be a slave, you either make your own language like Terry did (not entirely original but it was nonetheless entirely under his control), or you pick one that's got multiple sane/mature implementations to choose from.


Anonymous 11/09/2020 (Mon) 08:52:10 [Preview] No.14447 del
>How's Go as an alternative to C++?
<I've heard rust is more of an alternative to C++ than Go is.
lmao is this a meme? """ironically""" repeating the evangelism of mozillafaggets like an cuck errytime someone mentions c/c++ alternatives? a simile of ending every sentence with "i use arch btw"
>I wouldn't compare them.
<proceed to compare them

yeah evidently this board is still home of children


Anonymous 11/25/2020 (Wed) 03:57:43 [Preview] No.14491 del
(37.63 KB 640x717 3.jpg)
>>14445
>"People I don't agree with politically use this language" isn't a good reason to avoid a language.
That's a stupid take. People with different opinions also use the languages I mention but no one imposes them on me or publicly recommend taking this or that stance in any matter, let alone non-technical ones. None of them is associated with any (((large corporation))).
>Also, you should probably give a reason for why the languages you listed, which are all older and/or more obscure languages, are actually better.
All the languages I mentioned are mature. All the languages I mentioned are virtually free of AIDS. Pascal and Ada are good general-purpose static languages; can be secure, have a good performance and a good syntax. Perl is a good dynamic scripting language that can do all that Python or Ruby can, and has a huge number of libraries. No need to give reasons for C and Lisp.
They aren't good, however, to make dumbed-down software or easily integrate with botnets, which are the most common things in software today. Hence, if any of these is your goal, then you should just join the nigger cattle
>Though I wouldn't be surprised if the languages being older and/or obscure are why you think they're good.
So much has changed in these places, especially in the last six years...


Anonymous 11/25/2020 (Wed) 04:05:28 [Preview] No.14492 del
>>14491
i see there is (occasionally) at least one other adult in the board
good to know


Anonymous 11/28/2020 (Sat) 06:00:24 [Preview] No.14496 del
>>14491
>but no one imposes them on me or publicly recommend taking this or that stance in any matter, let alone non-technical ones
Why does that matter to you that much though? They can't really stop you from using it how you wish even if they want to.
>None of them is associated with any (((large corporation))).
Same point as above. Also (assuming the language becomes successful) I'm pretty sure most corporate languages will split from the main branch.
While I will admit there are probably more sjws bitching in languages like Go and Rust, I don't think languages like C or Lisp are free from that either. Ada, pascal, and perl maybe, but that's because there are less things written in those languages for people to bitch about.
It's also a losing game in the long run since you're depending on SJWs being distracted by shiny new toys. The moment you have something very popular written in pascal you'll have SJWs interested in it.
>free of AIDS
do you mean political shit you dislike or technical cruft? I'll admit I've heard good things about Ada (and pascal's probably fine), but
> Perl is a good dynamic scripting language that can do all that Python or Ruby can, and has a huge number of libraries.
Perl is well known for having unreadable code. And considering python is a lot more popular it probably has more libraries.
>No need to give reasons for C and Lisp.
I think C is good but I would really only use for shit that's simple and fast. Anything else would probably invite problems.
I've heard common lisp is fine, but again,
>They aren't good, however, to make dumbed-down software or easily integrate with botnets, which are the most common things in software today.
The rest of the points were fair but I don't get this. Why wouldn't you want your software to be usable for others? If it's at the sake of functionality that's a problem, but you make it sound like software that's difficult to use is a good thing. If all I need to do is simple shit, even if I'm smart enough to figure out how to use your shit why would I waste time learning something that I could have done in much less time?

>>14446
I don't think using googles Go compiler or the main rust compilers forces you to agree with their ideology or use google products. And being forced to use their implementation imo has more to due with them being newer languages than who "controls" them. If/once they're popular enough there will be multiple implementations.

>>14447
By comparing I meant they're not fit for the same use case.
> repeating the evangelism of mozillafaggets like an cuck errytime someone mentions c/c++ alternatives
Maybe the language with memory management and generics is more comparable to c++ than the language neither of them. But regardless, please enlighten me how Go is more comparable to C++ than rust is.
I genuinely don't get what your point is. People wouldn't be constantly shilling rust over c++ if they weren't comparable


Anonymous 11/28/2020 (Sat) 12:49:52 [Preview] No.14498 del
(65.53 KB 1022x1023 16color.jpg)
I don't care what the reason is there's only one serviceable implementation of these languages. I simply don't like using any kind of software where one particular group has leverage over everyone else. This wasn't so bad back in the 80's, because the software was so simple that if they tried to pull some shit, you could just write your own equivalent from scratch. But today most software is extremely complicated, and so are the toolchains. Which brings us to that other question: "Why wouldn't you want your software to be usable by others?" Well the answer is simple: I only care about my needs. Thus, I can choose whatever languages I wish and use any kind of interfaces that work best for me. Plus my code will never be distributed anywhere, as they're just projects I do for fun or to fulfill some personal needs. This might sound weird to you, but to me it's completely natural. When I was growing up and got to play with computers (early 80's), we didn't have Internet or even a modem (first time I used a modem was ~ 1992-93). You wrote stuff for the hell of it because it was fun, and then your code sat on cassette tapes, floppy disks, or sometimes even just a printout or written down by hand (because some computers I used back then didn't even have a storage device). Maybe times have changed, but I haven't. In fact, none of the modern software or games interests me whatsoever.


Anonymous 11/28/2020 (Sat) 16:32:50 [Preview] No.14499 del
(2.40 MB 854x480 ultimatum.mp4)
>>14496
>I don't think languages like C or Lisp are free from that either
Lisp is full of faggots, but of a different kind, mostly harmless.
Nothing in this world is free from the grips of Satan anon. Insanity is everywhere.
There is a group called "Include CPP" whose goal is "a more welcoming and inclusive C++ community", organized by literal Jews and trannies. (How can that even work in practice, considering the nature of C++?)
This is not on C++'s official website, not in the ISO Committee, not in any technical documents, not a CoC.
It's not associated with the language itself, that's fine, just some mentally ill men and useful idiots doing their things.
>there are less things written in those languages for people to bitch about
>The moment you have something very popular written in pascal you'll have SJWs interested in it.
They aren't popular because no (((large corporation))) sponsors, funds or endorses them.
Ada or Pascal cannot become popular today. They don't save typing and don't allow you to use advanced Pajeet coding techniques such as doing everything as lambda expressions. They are not appropriate for the type of shit software that is made nowadays.
>Why does that matter to you that much though?
>do you mean political shit
I mean political shit, regardless of what I dislike or like.
Consider what would happen if for example PHP's website had "White Pride" banners on it, or some of its key people openly advocated Nazism in technical contexts.
>Perl is well known for having unreadable code
It's been part of an old culture. It was influenced by Shell script and uses lots of punctuation that can be hard to understand from the outside.
Unreadable code can be written in any language at all. You'll see lots of horror if you keep doing it for years.
>I think C is good but I would really only use for shit that's simple and fast. Anything else would probably invite problems.
This depends on programmers' and users' competence.
>Why wouldn't you want your software to be usable for others?
Look at the very website you're using now, look outside, then look back.
There have been, for decades, usable software without dumbed-down user interfaces or botnet integration.
A normal registration process with a password is too cumbersome for instance. It's more convenient to do all with one click, just link your faceberg account.
Why waste time searching for things? We give you personalized recommendations based on your behaviour, the data we collect is for your convenience, trust us.
>you make it sound like software that's difficult to use is a good thing
It would be the contrary; too easy-to-use software is a bad thing. The ones that are easiest to use are the worst. The UI retardation that has been happening since 2012 or so has a clear purpose for (((them))), but all retards employ it because users have undergone a process of retardation that makes them unable to use anything else.
>even if I'm smart enough to figure out how to use your shit
I'm not talking about making obscure tools for 1337 h4x0rs only. Figuring out how to click on buttons is difficult nowadays.
>why would I waste time learning something that I could have done in much less time?
Calling the process of learning something new a waste of time. Anything that doesn't produce profit or immediate pleasure is worthless. In the past some of us would learn new programming languages for pleasure, like trying different cars or guitars.
Doing more things in less time; more productivity, more stimulation, more pleasure. Empty hearts and deeply troubled and confused souls.


Anonymous 12/02/2020 (Wed) 16:31:54 [Preview] No.14509 del
>>14499
good old tomato


Anonymous 01/01/2021 (Fri) 17:34:08 [Preview] No.14545 del
>>14360
>But I know no lang to make a proper compiler
>admits to lying about knowing C
Learn C and afterwards C++.
>>14385
>Getting a job? Money?
>by learning a language no one uses



Top | Return | Catalog | Post a reply